Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2011

Tour de Fleece: Day 1-4

It is TdF's 5th day's evening and I want you the two yarns I spun until today.
Both are Halloween art yarns and inspired from a book about mythological creatures. I borrowed the book from my parents. I thought about buying it but it's a little two expensive and in reality there are only this two creatures I want to work up to an art yarn.

Jenny Greenteeth
205 m / 224 yd
108 g / 3,81 uz
14 wpi
fairytale wool

My first TdF yarn was inspired by Jenny Greenteeth. Jenny is a witch from English folklore but you can also find her in one of Terry Pratchett's discworld novels.
I think the glow-in-the-dark beads are perfect for this character.


Shelly Coat
184 m / 201 yd
129 g / 4,55 uz
13 wpi
alpaca, mohair, merino

Shellycoats are water spirits from Scotland. They wear coats cluttered with shells. Shellycoats like to frighten humans.
I wasn't sure if I should keep this yarn because it's soooooo soft :-) But you'll find both yarns in the shop the next days.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen